GeoBlue Navigator for Career Missionaries and Volunteers...
Worldwide health insurance and services for career missionaries and volunteers - The GeoBlue Navigator health plan meets the needs of missionaries and volunteers by offering comprehensive worldwide benefits - inside and outside the U.S. - without the typical limits, eligibility conditions and benefits exclusions common among traditional plans. Unlike plans that limit furlough coverage, GeoBlue Navigator covers stateside tours, delivering the continuity and convenience of benefits that are truly seamless and portable.
As global lifestyles emerge, the demand for comprehensive international health insurance has grown rapidly. In response to this demand, a new generation of superior health plans is now available to serve expatriates and their families. This is a positive development for American expatriates who have historically had limited choice when it comes to coverage. Existing insurance options have often missed the mark because of limited benefits, long waiting periods, harsh exclusions, per-certification penalties, lack of portability and other hidden gotchas.
GeoBlue Navigator is the premier health plan for missionaries and volunteers because it combines these benefits with concierge-level medical assistance and easy access to an elite community of carefully selected hospitals outside the U.S. and a network of over 700,000 doctors and hospitals inside the U.S. through the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Network. GeoBlue Navigator gives missionaries and volunteers peace of mind, knowing they always have the freedom to access top medical care and benefits no matter where their ministries take them.
Access to an Elite International Provider Community
Geoblue has a network of doctors from almost every specialty in over 180 countries to see you. Only a small fraction of doctors around the world meet GeoBlue standards - participation is by invitation only. GeoBlue seeks out professionals certified by the American or Royal Board of Medical specialties who speak English, and they factor in recommendations by over 148 Physician Advisors from all over the world. GeoBlue then assembles in-depth profiles so members can choose with confidence and GeoBlue puts formal contracts in place to ensure patient access. GeoBlue doctors bill them directly so you don't have to file a claim. If you receive treatment within the United States you have cashless access to the Blue Cross and Blue Shield network in all fifty states.
Personal Safety Intelligence
GeoBlue maintains unsurpassed resources designed to promote personal safety by giving members convenient access to vitally important news, health and safety analysis and medical translation tools.
- Global Health and Safety news alerts published daily and delivered by email or smart-phone
- City-level profiles for 228 cities and 130 countries
- Brand-name equivalents for 400 common over-the-counter and prescription drugs in 35 of the most frequently visited countries
- Translation of hundreds of medical terms and phrases into the 10 most widely spoken languages
- GeoBlue maintains a 24/7, toll-free call center to assist members
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Centers of Excellence
World travelers need to properly protect themselves against financial exposure due to catastrophic medical events. If comprehensive travel medical benefits and assistance services are not secured before you travel, you could find yourself exposed to huge losses - both physical and financial. Though illness can strike at any time, when severe incidents occur overseas, lack of proper coverage can leave you the traveler with steep medical bills for less than sufficient care.
As a global traveler you need to be prepared for the possibility that you could find yourself in a location where the Medical Care is poor or inaccessible. In the event you find yourself in a situation where you need to be evacuated to an area where you can receive the appropriate level of care then you need to make sure your International coverage includes a comprehensive Emergency Medical Evacuation benefit. Medical evacuations are not a simple procedures and they can be extremely complicated and expensive. This must be available to you 24/7 no matter where in the world your travels take you. In addition you need a partner who is capable of organizing and caring out the evacuation no matter where you find yourself.
Considerations for any medical evacuation are:
- Evaluating the appropriateness of local health care providers
- Identifying the closest facility where a high level of care is available
- Determining the risk vs rewards of moving the patient
- Choosing the best method of transport (ie: ambulance, helicopter, fixed wing air ambulance)
- Securing the cooperation of the local treating physician, including a determination that the patient is stable enough to move
- Enlisting the most appropriate team to handle the transport (ie: doctor, nurses, therapist)
- Arranging for speedy and appropriate intake at the receiving facility
- Having someone on your side helping guide you through the whole process - that is GeoBlue...
Why Choose the GeoBlue Navigator Plan?
- A Recognized Leader in International Health Insurance and medical assistance services
- Highest Standards of Service, GeoBlue meets the highest expectations of quality
- Strength of a U.S. Regulated Insurer that protects your rights by meeting U.S. standards
- Missionary Group Quotes Available
Rates Increase July 1, 2016
The GeoBlue Navigator plans will go through a rate increase effective 07/01/2016. For this increase it is a flat 3% across all age bands and deductible options. This is good news as this increase seems to be well below National and International trends.
- Worldwide medical coverage built for Career Missionaries
- Select from a range of deductibles
- Choose providers either in or out of the GeoBlue elite network
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- Deductible waived for office visits with doctors
- Access to Universal Rx - a national provider of managed care prescription services.
- Contraceptive services, surgeries and supplies are not excluded under the policy
- No waiting period or sub-limit for preventive services
- No precertification penalty for inpatient or out-patient care
- Pre-existing conditions covered with credible coverage
- Illness and injuries related to terrorism are covered
- Can be used on long term furlough back home
Top 10 Advantage over Competing Plans
- Policy provides an unlimited annual and lifetime maximum
- For medical care outside the U.S., members are free to see any provider and their benefits will remain the same
- Deductible is waived for outpatient office visits with contracted physicians
- The pre-existing condition exclusion can be waived with proof of prior creditable coverage
- No waiting period associated with any preventive services
- No precertification requirements
- No exclusion for terrorism
- No exclusion for specified conditions in the first 6 months
- GeoBlue providers bill GeoBlue directly, which eliminates paperwork hassles
- The strength of Blue. GeoBlue Navigator is offered in cooperation with certain local Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies
How The Plan Works
GeoBlue Navigator offers comprehensive benefits and a range of deductible options that allow members to select the right amount if insurance coverage for their budget and lifestyle. For families, the deductible and coinsurance maximum is a multiple of 2.5. After 364 days of continuous coverage, Navigator members may re-enroll in a plan that matches their existing befits. GeoBlue Navigator offers four deductible plan choices, $250, $1,000, $2,500 and $5,000. It is important to note that your deductilbe is reduced to half when you received medical services outside the United States. For Example: a $1,000 Deductible Option is $500 outside the U.S.
GeoBlue Navigator has three tiers of coinsurance; 100% outside the United States, 80% in-network in the United States, 60% out-of-network inside the United States. All GeoBlue Navigator plans have an unlimited lifetime maximum and a $250,000 maximum benefit for emergency medical evacuation. The Out-of-Pocket Maximum is calculated by adding the deductible and coinsurance maximum together.
Who is eligible to buy a GeoBlue Navigator Plan?
All U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents living abroad who are 75 or younger at the time of application are eligible to apply for coverage. All legal residents of the U.S. (citizens and permanent residents) are eligible if they apply from an approved state. The Eligible Member must be scheduled to reside outside of his/her country for at least 3 months in the first year of coverage and must be involved in Missionary activity.
Why Choose GeoBlue?
Go with a name and brand you can trust. GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. GeoBlue health plans are offered in cooperation with certain local Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies, with a network that includes more than 90 percent of physicians and 80 percent of hospitals across the U.S. GeoBlue’s comprehensive portfolio of international health insurance plans demonstrates the commitment to covering members both at home and abroad.
Strength of a U.S. Insurer - Underwritten by 4 Ever Life Insurance Company, rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best. 4 Ever Life is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Better Coverage - Their plans are U.S. licensed and feature coverage more generous that plans sold as "surplus coverage".
- Their plans do not restrict illnesses or injuries resulting from a terrorist act
- They do not impose precertification penalties for hospitalization.
- They provide coverage for pre-existing conditions for medical evacuation. Pre-existing conditions are also covered in all instances by GeoBlue's Choice plan.