Blue Shield of California Medicare Supplement plans offer those who live in the state of California a full line up of Medicare Supplement plans (MediGap) to choose from. There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The Blue Shield of California Medicare Supplement plans available for 2017 are Plans A, C, D, F, High Deductible F, K and N. Each plan varies in cost and each health plan offers a different set of benefits. Choosing a Medicare Supplement Plan is easy to do. These plan types help pay some of the healthcare costs (gaps) that Original Medical doesn't cover, like copayments, coinsurance and deductibles.
Over 70 years of serving Californians … As a not-for-profit health plan, Blue Shield of California is guided by its mission and values to provide Californians with access to quality health care coverage at an affordable price. As fellow Californians, Blue Shield understands your unique needs and offer several types of health plans designed to meet those needs. Established in 1939 … Blue Shield is a time tested financially sound company that you can count on. In 2010 Blue Shield received “A” financial strength ratings from Standard & Poor’s and AM Best, and covers more than 2 million members with individual and employer group plans throughout California.
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
Blue Shield of California Plans At A Glance
- Plan A is our basic Medicare Supplement Plan. It includes Medicare Part A and B copayments, coinsurance and more.
- Plan C includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance; plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies and more.
- Plan D includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B, copayments and coinsurance, plus the Medicare Part A deductible, skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies and more.
- Plan F is our most popular plan and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more.
- High Deductible Plan F has the same benefits as regular Plan F except that High Deductible Plan F has a $2,180 calendar-year deductible, while Plan F has no plan deductible.
- Plan K is a basic Medicare Supplement Plan that provides coverage for Medicare Part A coinsurance and a portion of Part B coinsurance, plus 50 percent of the Medicare Part A deductible and more. The calendar-year maximum copayment for Plan K is $4,940.
- Plan N has the same benefits as Plan D except that with Plan N you would be responsible for paying up to a $20 copayment for office visits and up to a $50 copayment for visits to the emergency room.
* Underwritten by Blue Shield of California Life & Health Insurance Company (Blue Shield Life).
Medicare Part D Rx plans … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
If you are ever Hospitalized, you need to be aware of the term; Observation Status. This is being admitted into the hospital as outpatient, even if you are there for several days. This may have expensive consequences. Click here for more info.
30 Day Free Look period … If you are still not sure if you are going to keep the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement policy, simply cancel within 30 days and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
Extra’s … NurseLine 24/7 Access our 24 hour nurse-line service either by phone or in a secure online environment for medical questions and concerns.
- Pre-Surgical Guided Imagery Program. Helps members prepare and recover from surgery.
- Health Management Programs: Learn strategies for living with health conditions such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, and arthritis.
- California Advanced Health care directive: Be prepared and find out more about this important legal document.
- Routine eye care discounts: Receive a 20% discount on frames and lenses.
- Also call regarding our Blue Shield Dental PPO Plan.
$15 Monthly Discount – With Blue Shield, you can save $15 each month on your Medicare Supplement plan rates if you are new to Medicare Part B. Blue Shield calls this program "The Welcome to Medicare Rate Savings". Blue Shield offers a $15 savings each month for the first 12 months on all of our Medicare Supplement plan rates. To qualify, you must be age 65 or older, and Blue Shield must receive the application within six months of the date you first enrolled for benefits under Medicare Part B. Savings will be effective for the first 12 months. And you can still take advantage of our two-party rates and Easy$Pay payment for additional savings. The Welcome to Medicare Rate Savings DO NOT apply to High Deductible Plan F, Plan K, and Plan N.
Easy$Pay - Save $3 per month by paying your monthly dues through Auto-matic checking or savings account defits
Two-party Enrollment - You may be able to sve on your plan dues if you and your spouse or demestic partner are age 65 and covered under one agreement. Two-party rates do not apply to High Deductible Plan F and Plan K. Two-party rates do not apply to tobacco users.
Hearing Aid Discounts … As a Blue Shield member, you are eligible for a 30% discount on hearing aids purchased from our contracted provider, Newport Audiology.
- 0% charge for office visit (including hearing-aid evaluation, cleaning and adjustment).
- 30% discount on hearing aids, which come with; Unlimited adaptation and counseling visits, two year warranty, covering loss and damage, and a two year supply of batteries per hearing aid purchased, and in-office services for the life of the hearing aid.
Vision Care discounts … Blue Shield Medicare Supplement members save 20% on a wide range of products and services, including eyeglass frames, lenses and tints.
WHY Blue Shield of California?
- Stable premiums. In most cases, Blue Shield members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- $0 out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new member rate” and also a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem has doesn’t play these games, they have only “1” rate which I believe is much better for their customers.
- Like Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California is a heavy weight in 3 primary markets in California (Individual/Family, Small Business, and Senior). Although they are seperate companies in direct competition with each other there are differences in product choice, rates, customer service, and online member services. Blue Shield unlike Anthem Blue Cross is dedicated to only those who live and work in California... a not for profit entity.
Enroll Today – please call anytime and I will help you through the enrollment process. I will make sure the process is quick and accurate. Download your Enrollment Form now and when complete simply Scan and Email to us at "Sales@Individualhealth.com
Travel Medical Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.
Call today for the rates, there’s no obligation, and I’ll answer all of your questions right over the phone. Call Tim Jennings (307) 690-0427 or email me at "Sales@Individualhealth.com".