Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Medicare Supplement plans offer those who live in the state of Arizona a full line up of Medicare Supplement plans (MediGap) to choose from. There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The BlueCross Blue Shield of Arizona Medicare Supplement plans available for 2017 are Plans A, C, F, G, and N. Each plan varies in cost and each health plan offers a different set of benefits. Choosing a Medicare Supplement Plan is easy to do. Original Medical doesn't cover, like copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. Senior Security plans A, C, F, G and N and Senior Preferred Medicare Select plans C and N, help cover those gaps by paying for some of the expenses that original Medicare does not cover.
Over 70 years of serving Arizonans … Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizonais guided by its mission and values to provide Arizonans with access to quality health care coverage at an affordable price. As fellow Californians, Blue Shield understands your unique needs and offer several types of health plans designed to meet those needs. Established in 1939 … With a focus on connecting people with the care they need, BCBSAZ offers health insurance and related services to nearly 1.5 million customers. BCBSAZ, a not-for-profit company, is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. The company employs nearly 1,500 people in its Phoenix, Chandler, Flagstaff and Tucson offices.
BCBSAZ offers two Medicare Supplement plan types. Senior Security and Senior Preferrred Medicare Select.
- Senior Security offers the most flexibility and choice among Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Medicare Supplement plans. Unlike some Medicare Advantage plans, there are no “service area” restrictions. You have full Medicare Supplement insurance coverage while traveling throughout the United States. You also have the freedom to see any Medicare participating doctor in the United States—even a specialist—without a referral.
- Senior Preferred Medicare Select offers lower monthly rates than those for Senior Security plans, but requires you to use doctors and hospitals in the Senior Preferred provider network (except in emergencies and other very limited circumstances). You decide which network physicians you want to see and when. BCBSAZ dose not require a referral from a primary care physician for you to see a network specialist. And with more than 18,000+ network providers, you should be able to find a physician who’s right for you. Senior Preferred is available only in Maricopa, Pima, Apache, Cochise, Coconino, Mohave, Pinal and Santa Cruz counties
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Plans At A Glance
- Plan A is our basic Medicare Supplement Plan. It includes Medicare Part A and B copayments, coinsurance and more.
- Plan C includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance; plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies and more.
- Plan F is still a very popular plan and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more.
- Plan G is their most popular plan and includes coverage for Medicare Part A deductible. Like Plan F - Plan G covers all the same things except the Part B Deductible. Copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies and more.
- Plan N has the same benefits as Plan D except that with Plan N you would be responsible for paying up to a $20 copayment for office visits and up to a $50 copayment for visits to the emergency room.
Medicare Part D Rx plans … Prescription drugs can be expensive. BCBSAZ offers a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan designed to help you manage your drug costs. Even if you don’t have drug costs now, this plan can help protect you from the unexpected expense of prescription drugs you may need in the future. A good place to start you search is right here. If you would like assistance simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
If you are ever Hospitalized, you need to be aware of the term; Observation Status. This is being admitted into the hospital as outpatient, even if you are there for several days. This may have expensive consequences. Click here for more info.
30 Day Free Look period … If you are still not sure if you are going to keep the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement policy, simply cancel within 30 days and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
Early-enrollment Discount If you enroll in a Senior Security or Senior Preferred plan at age 65, 66, or 67, you receive an early-enrollment discount* on your rate. When you are Medicare eligible at age 65 to 65½, you are automatically eligible for the lower BlueValue rate and a 32% early-enrollment discount. Even if you are past age 65½, you may still qualify for the lower premium BlueValue rate. The BCBSAZ Medicare supplement application contains questions about your medical history and tobacco use, which helps determine your rate.
Blue365* is a national program available to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona members. It provides access to information, discounts and savings that make it easier and more affordable to make healthy choices. Blue365 offers access to discounts and savings on products and services from vendors for healthy lifestyles. These products and services do not overlap with covered benefits under Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona plans, any applicable federal health care program or Medicare. Blue365 complements health care coverage by helping members live healthier every day.
Blue365 includes discounts from select local companies and industry-leading, national brands in four main categories: Health and Wellness, Family Care, Healthy Travel and Financial Well-Being. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona’s Blue365 program also offers discounts on complimentary and alternative medicine.
*Only applicable to BCBSAZ Medicare Supplement and/or Part D members. The products and services described above are neither offered nor guaranteed under BCBSAZ Medicare Supplement plans. They are offered by vendors who are independent of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process.
Why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona?
- Stable premiums. In most cases, BCBSAZ members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- $0 out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new member rate” and also a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem has doesn’t play these games, they have only “1” rate which I believe is much better for their customers.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a heavy weight in 3 primary markets across Arizona (Individual/Family, Small Business, and Senior). Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is dedicated to only those who live and work in Arizona... a not for profit entity.
Enroll Today – please call anytime and I will help you through the enrollment process. I will make sure the process is quick and accurate. Download your Enrollment Form now and when complete simply Scan and Email to us at "Sales@Individualhealth.com
Travel Medical Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.
Call today for the rates, there’s no obligation, and I’ll answer all of your questions right over the phone. Call Tim Jennings (307) 690-0427 or email me at "Sales@Individualhealth.com".