Anthem Blue Cross of California Medicare Supplement plans offer those who live in the state of California a full line up of Medicare Supplement plans (MediGap) to choose from. There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement plans available for 2017 are Plans A, F, Innovative F, G and N. Each plan varies in cost and each health plan offers a different set of benefits. Choosing a Medicare Supplement Plan is easy to do. These plan types help pay some of the healthcare costs (gaps) that Original Medical doesn't cover, like copayments, coinsurance and deductibles.
Over 70 years of serving Californians … As a not-for-profit health plan, Blue Shield of California is guided by its mission and values to provide Californians with access to quality health care coverage at an affordable price. As fellow Californians, Blue Shield understands your unique needs and offer several types of health plans designed to meet those needs. Established in 1939 … Blue Shield is a time tested financially sound company that you can count on. In 2010 Blue Shield received “A” financial strength ratings from Standard & Poor’s and AM Best, and covers more than 2 million members with individual and employer group plans throughout California.
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
Anthem Blue Cross of California Plans At A Glance
- Plan A is our basic Medicare Supplement Plan. It includes Medicare Part A and B copayments, coinsurance and more.
- Plan F is our most popular plan and includes coverage for Medicare Part A and B deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, plus skilled nursing facility care, foreign travel emergencies, 100 percent coverage of Medicare Part B excess charges and more.
- Plan N has the same benefits as Plan D except that with Plan N you would be responsible for paying up to a $20 copayment for office visits and up to a $50 copayment for visits to the emergency room.
New Innovative Plan F – The New 2018 Anthem “Innovative” Plan F provides the same coverage as the traditional Plan F but now also offers ‘hearing’ and ‘vision’ benefits at no additional cost.
Hearing Benefit (Included):
- 1 routine hearing exam every 12 months.
- Fitting evaluation for a hearing aid(s).
- $750 allowance toward a hearing device(s) every year.
Vision Benefit (Included):
- $25 Exam copay – once every year.
- $25 lens copay – once every year.
- $100 allowance for frames – every 24 months.
- $100 allowance for contact lenses – every 12 months, in lieu of eyeglass lenses.
Nurseline (Included) – Provides access to a registered nurse 24/7.
SAMPLE NON SMOKING RATES FOR SAN DIEGO COUNTY SENIORS
Monthy Rates for Plans A, F, G, N & Innovative F
San Diego County Rates are AREA 6
|Download Rates Brochure
||Download Medicare Supplement Application
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SAVE MORE $
Anthem Blue Cross offers optional ways to save more on your monthly premiums:
- SAVE $2 - for enrolling in Automatic Bank Draft or EFT Electronic Funds Transfer.
- SAVE $48 - Or you can save $48 when you pay your premiums for the entire year (pro-rated the first year)
- save 5% - SAVE 5% when more than one member in the household enrolls in a Medicare Supplement plan with Anthem. The discount is for policies with effective dates of Jun 1, 2010 or after and available to those members who occupy the same housing unit.
- Save $240 – “New to Medicare Discount”… Anthem offers a “New to Medicare Discount of $20 per month off their Medicare Supplement plan F premiums. As long as you are within 6 months of your Medicare Part B effective date, the discount is for the first 12 months of coverage and will end at the policy’s one year anniversary.
Medicare Part D Rx plans … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
If you are ever Hospitalized, you need to be aware of the term; Observation Status. This is being admitted into the hospital as outpatient, even if you are there for several days. This may have expensive consequences. Click here for more info.
Do you Qualify for a Medicare Supplement… Medicare Supplement policies do not have an annual open-enrollment period like Medicare Advantage policies. In order to be offered a policy on a guaranteed issue basis, one must enroll within 6 month of starting Medicare, or within 2 months of exiting an employer health insurance policy. There are many “guarantee issue” rules.
30 Day Free Look period … If you are still not sure if you are going to keep the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement policy, simply cancel within 30 days and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
Anthem Extra’s Package… Healthy teeth and eyes help contribute to your overall well-being. That’s why Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) created Anthem Extras Packages – with your overall health in mind. We offer three packages to complement your Medicare Supplement plan – and help you reach for better health. Our Standard, Premium and Premium Plus packages offer valuable benefits and services, such as:
- Packaged dental and vision coverage that offers extra preventive benefits
- Support services and tools to help you maintain good overall health and well-being
And best of all, these packages are available for a monthly plan premium ranging from $25 to $61. The benefits in each package will roll up to one overall premium, and you will receive one ID card for these services. Interested in dental coverage only? Good news. Our Dental Policy Only offers the same dental benefits as the Premium Plus Package on a stand-alone basis without the other package components.
FITNESS FOR BOOMERS AND BEYOND
Anthem includes Silver Sneakers fitness program with their Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage plans. SilverSneakers is the premier fitness program provided at no cost with all Anthem Medicare Supplement policies. Millions of members, thousands of gyms. Classes designed for all abilities. And our community is active, welcoming and fun.
Two-party Enrollment - You may be able to sve on your plan dues if you and your spouse or demestic partner are age 65 and covered under one agreement. Two-party rates do not apply to High Deductible Plan F and Plan K. Two-party rates do not apply to tobacco users.
Vision Care discounts … Blue Shield Medicare Supplement members save 20% on a wide range of products and services, including eyeglass frames, lenses and tints.
Why Anthem Blue Cross of California?
- Stable premiums. In most cases, Anthem members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- $0 out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new member rate” and also a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem has doesn’t play these games, they have only “1” rate which I believe is much better for their customers.
- Like Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross of California is a heavy weight in 3 primary markets in California (Individual/Family, Small Business, and Senior). Although they are seperate companies in direct competition with each other there are differences in product choice, rates, customer service, and online member services. Anthem unlike Blue Shield of California is a power house that operates in more than 14 states under the Anthem Brand. Blue Shield of California is dedicated to only those who live and work in California... a not for profit entity.
No Broker Fees … All premiums are the same regardless of where or who you enroll through.
Enroll Today – please call anytime and I will help you through the enrollment process. I will make sure the process is quick and accurate. Download your Enrollment Form now and when complete simply Scan and Email to us at "Sales@Individualhealth.com
Travel Medical Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.
Call today for the rates, there’s no obligation, and I’ll answer all of your questions right over the phone. Call Tim Jennings (307) 690-0427 or email me at "Sales@Individualhealth.com". SCAN and email it to us.